The early voting period for the 2020 general election is Saturday, October 24th to Sunday November 1st. Early voting poll sites will differ from your typical poll site.
- Rhinebeck Town Hall [map] 80 East Market Street, Rhinebeck, NY
- Millbrook Fire House [map] 20 Front Street, Millbrook, NY
- DC Board of Elections [map] 47 Cannon Street, Poughkeepsie, NY
- Boardman Road Library [map] 141 Boardman Rd, Poughkeepsie, NY
- Fishkill Town Hall [map] 807 Route 52, Fishkill, NY
Hours for Early Voting
Sat. Oct. 24 – 12 pm to 5 pm
Sun. Oct. 25 – 12 pm to 5 pm
Mon. Oct. 26 – 9 am to 5 pm
Tues. Oct. 27 – 12 pm to 8 pm
Wed. Oct. 28 – 9 am to 5 pm
Thurs. Oct. 29 – 12 pm to 8 pm
Fri. Oct. 30 – 9 am to 5 pm
Sat. Oct 31 – 9 am to 4 pm
Sun. Nov. 1 – 12 pm to 5 pm
Find Your Polling Location by using this link:
Election Day Polling Hours:6 am to 9 pm in Dutchess County.
Questions? Contact your local Board of Elections:
Dutchess County Board of Elections
47 Cannon Street, Poughkeepsie, New York 12601
Requesting your Absentee Ballot
You can now request your ballot electronically or by phone at 845-486-2473
Please note that you will not receive a confirmation email upon submission, and that you should record your confirmation number for your records.
Please note: Online and phone absentee ballot requests legally must be received by the Dutchess County Board of Elections on or before October 27th, 2020, but we strongly encourage you to submit your request as soon as possible, well before this deadline, and no later than October 17th. After this date, we recommend that you vote in person at an early voting site or on Election Day at your designated poll site.
Casting your absentee ballot:
- Once you receive the ballot, mark the ballot according to your choices for each office following the instructions on the ballot. Be sure to vote for the entire ticket.
- Once you have completed marking your ballot, fold it up and place it in the Security Envelope. (This envelope will have a place for your signature.)
- Sign and date the outside of the Security Envelope.
- Seal the Security Envelope.
- Place the Security Envelope in the Return Envelope. (This envelope will have the return address of your county Board of Elections on the outside and should have a logo that reads, “Official Election Mail”)
- Seal the Return Envelope.
Returning your absentee ballot:
- By mail: Absentee ballots returned to the Dutchess County BOE by mail must be postmarked on or before November 3rd, 2020.
- In person: Deliver your absentee ballot in person during business hours to the Dutchess County BOE (47 Cannon Street, Poughkeepsie, New York 12601) on or before November 3rd. You can also return your absentee ballot at an early voting poll site during the early voting period, or at a poll site on election day.