Requesting your Absentee Ballot
You can now request your ballot electronically or by phone at 518-719-3550
Please note that you will not receive a confirmation email upon submission, and that you should record your confirmation number for your records.
Please note: Online and phone absentee ballot requests legally must be received by the Greene County Board of Elections on or before October 27th, 2020, but we strongly encourage you to submit your request as soon as possible, well before this deadline, and no later than October 17th. After this date, we recommend that you vote in person at an early voting site or on Election Day at your designated poll site.
Casting your absentee ballot:
- Once you receive the ballot, mark the ballot according to your choices for each office following the instructions on the ballot. Be sure to vote for the entire ticket.
- Once you have completed marking your ballot, fold it up and place it in the Security Envelope. (This envelope will have a place for your signature.)
- Sign and date the outside of the Security Envelope.
- Seal the Security Envelope.
- Place the Security Envelope in the Return Envelope. (This envelope will have the return address of your county Board of Elections on the outside and should have a logo that reads, “Official Election Mail”)
- Seal the Return Envelope.
Returning your absentee ballot:
- By mail: Absentee ballots returned to the Greene County BOE by mail must be postmarked on or before November 3rd, 2020.
- In person: Deliver your absentee ballot in person during business hours to the Greene County BOE (411 Main Street, Catskill NY, 12414) on or before November 3rd. You can also return your absentee ballot at an early voting poll site during the early voting period, or at a poll site on election day.
The early voting period for the 2020 general election is Saturday, October 24th to Sunday November 1st. Early voting poll sites will differ from your typical poll site.
- Greene County Office Building 411 Main St, Catskill NY 12414, 4th floor, Suite 430
Hours for Early Voting
Saturday, October 24, 2020 9:00 am to 2:00 pm
Sunday, October 25, 2020 9:00 am to 2:00 pm
Monday, October 26, 2020 12:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Tuesday, October 27, 2020 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Wednesday, October 28, 2020 12:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Thursday, October 29, 2020 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Friday, October 30, 2020 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Saturday, October 31, 2020 9:00 am to 2:00 pm
Sunday, November 1, 2020 9:00 am to 2:00 pm